The purpose of this “train the trainer” course is to support tutors and lecturers delivering screen-based undergraduate, postgraduate or vocational courses in the principles of good teaching when running remote sessions for your students. It is based on a successful series of similar courses ScreenSkills has run in April and May 2020 with industry-based trainers. Building on your existing practice, you’ll explore practical strategies for designing and developing engaging, interactive and inclusive online training opportunities that meet participants’ needs and recognise their aspirations.
You will be supported to:
• Identify factors that enable successful remote learning experiences in FE and HE contexts
• Plan approaches to reduce barriers to remote learning
• Adapt activities and resources to engage and develop aspiring screen industry professionals
• Design opportunities for teacher and learners to assess progress towards goals
• Develop online facilitation skills for using video conferencing for professional practice.
This course will run accross two separate sessions delivered on Zoom one week apart, with pre-course, intermediary and reflective tasks to help embed the learning.
Thanks for giving us your feedback, your response has been saved. If you'd like to also leave a comment you can do so in the field below.
Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.