Want to get the low down about working behind-the-camera in the screen industries? Open Doors aims to give you insight into what jobs are out there, how to apply and help you build connections with industry professionals.
Join Oscar-winning producer of The Kings Speech, Gareth Ellis-Unwin on Wednesday 16 October for a virtual trip behind the scenes of Pinewood Studios followed by a Q&A panel with industry professionals to discover the realities of working in screen.
You can also find out how to apply for the ScreenSkills Trainee Finder programme which matches trainees with paid work placements on feature films, high-end TV and children’s TV shows. This event is for people eager to understand routes into the industries and about different careers open to them.
- Connect with industry professionals
- Hear their advice and insights about getting started in the industry
- See behind the scenes at Pinewood in Virtual Reality
Open Doors is an event delivered in partnership with Bournemouth University and Arts University Bournemouth.
- Gareth Ellis-Unwin, producer and Head of Film & Animation at ScreenSkills
- Frederic Casella, director and producer, factual and scripted film & TV
- Robbie Mann, sound engineer/voice director
- Lewis Bayley, freelance writer and producer
- Sam Rifkin, crew and facilities officer at Creative England
Bring your questions, think about what you want to know and be ready to ask our panel of professionals. To have a look at previous Open Doors event search #OpenDoorsCareers on Twitter.
Bournemouth University - Fusion Building